Monday, July 22, 2013

Just stuff

Last night I blogged from my phone. Really not the easiest way, but it worked. It is hard to put into words what life is like for us. It is hard to want to describe it, it is hard to live it. I am not a very good writer, but I enjoy it and it helps me to get things out. 

John was diagnosed with cancer almost 10 months ago. We weren't exactly sure yet what was going on and one day I met John for lunch. We sat in front of the Jordan River Temple eating and I told him, "I think you have leukemia, and it is going to be a very hard year, but every thing will be fine". I still believe that. I really had to idea what "hard" meant. These 10 months have been hell on all of us. Something that is really hard for me is watching my kids go through this. I went through this is a child. I watched my Mom suffer through ALS for 5 years and she passed away when I was 11. Then at 15 my Dad got cancer and passed away less than a year later. I kind of always thought I had it hard enough and my kids would not have to face anything like I did. So I hate watching them suffer, because I do know what it is like for them and it is awful. 

I am super grateful John is home right now. It is nice to all be together as a family under the same roof :) But, there is just a TON to be done every day and to try and stay on top of. My list every day is SO long. And on top of it all, John is not sleeping well which means I don't sleep well. I am doing my best and literally feel the grace of God helping me each and every day.  We just keep going one day at a time. 

These are some pictures from my phone (from the past few weeks):

This is John's nephew Lucas writing on the board on East 8. There are 2 huge boards in the hall for people to write messages to patients. It is a fabulous wall.

John up at Silver Lake. He walked the 1 mile around the lake but it was hard.

This was last week at a clinic appointment. We love to stop and see our favorite people. This is Nataliya, John, Kara (who John called a moron and has no recollection of it) and one of our most favorite nurses Lisa.

And more favorites: John with Lauren, Becky, Tammy, Dr. Sarada, and Dr. Hoda.

We are so grateful for the staff on East 8. We love all of them and know that John is in the best hands. Every one cares so much and is always so concerned. They work and work and will do anything for John and I :) During this last stay I literally asked for specific nurses every day. And ALWAYS got who I asked for. We are so blessed to have the hospital so close.

No comments:

Post a Comment