Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Not much to update

That is always good - right? Nothing new. John's lab work was great this week and he is feeling good. His swelling is gone from his feet and blood pressure has been normal every day. His cyclo taper is going good. One night he did have rapid heart beat and low blood pressure. But, it passed and he has been fine. He has realized that he might not be able to walk a half marathon this summer though. His feet killed him at Disneyland so we will probably start with a 5K and see how it goes.

For some reason these past few days I have been thinking a lot about our journey these past 18 months. This has definitely been the longest 18 months of my life! Everything about our lives has changed. Although John is doing great, no signs of cancer, GVH or infections, we still have a different daily life. From lysol wiping all 3 bathrooms every day, making sure John does not eat any food older than 2 days, making sure he gets his right meds (only twice a day now), wearing his mask whenever out in public . . . I have just been counting our blessings and so grateful for all we have, for how the Lord has watched over us. I have never in my life felt so close to my Father in Heaven. I KNOW he has been mindful of us and been watching me and blessing me. He knows what I need. My testimony has grown a ton and I have grown closer to my Savior. There were times when I honestly did not know if John would make it off of East 8 at LDS Hospital alive, there were times, I knew he would :) There have been times I have not cared a single bit about the cleanliness of my house or homework getting done and times I have been way overly compulsive with all that. There have been nights I have cried myself to sleep because I was so scared and nights I cried myself to sleep because I was overwhelmed with blessings. Miracles do happen, the Lord is real. We don't know how much longer John has on earth. But as far as cancer the further out he goes the better. In the beginning I had an impression John would make it through this just fine. And I think of that all the time. Although I do not wish this on anyone, I would not trade what I have learned for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment