Sunday, September 30, 2012

A fever

So, yesterday Isaiah (6 years old) came down with a fever of 102.  Not a huge deal, if we knew what John had. If he does have leukemia, he needs to do his best to avoid any infection or virus. So, I am trying to keep Isaiah and John apart. Not so easy. They both love each other :) And Isaiah does not understand WHY? We just told him that Dad isn't feeling well either and we don't want them to get each other sick.

I had John go out yesterday and buy a nice recliner rocker. He found a great one for under $300.00.  I was home with the kids and told him he could not lift it. His bones are weak from bone marrow abnormalities and he has already done something to at least 3 bones in his torso. Luckily Abby and Michael were able to help me and we got it in the house and in the bedroom and all set up. It is super comfy and John loves it. The hope was that if he slept in it, he would sleep better. That did not exactly happen. He tried to last night. It is comfortable, but John is just in constant pain under his ribs. My theory is it is his spleen. Which can swell and cause pain with leukemia. He does not  think that is it. Hopefully we will know soon. And hopefully a Dr. can give him something so he can sleep comfortably.

Yesterday John said he was not feeling well. I think he was over doing it. He got up to let me sleep in; he did chores and ran errands with the kids. Then took Michael out to lunch, then went to Target, Kohls and Big Lots. I just think he needs to take it easy. His body is not working right and I think he should slow down.

I am doing ok. It really depends on the moment. I am exhausted and not sleeping well because of anxiety. And I have lost 4 lbs this week (which is actually ok, but not if I keep losing that much every week). My stomach just hurts and I do not feel like eating much.

We are so ready for the appointment on Thursday. But, I don't think we will find out anything new. Pretty sure he will say John has lymphocytosis and they need to run a bunch of tests to figure out what is causing it. But, we are ready to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment