Monday, October 1, 2012

Miracle #1

So, honestly yesterday I was having an emotional day.  Most of the time I really am optimistic. I know what ever is supposed to happen WILL happen. John and I both really feel all will be fine and he will be ok. We just need to get started.

So, I stayed home with Isaiah yesterday since he had a fever. I always miss church when I can't go. I need the spiritual upliftment each Sunday. But I know John needed it more. So, it's the end of the day, the 4 younger kids are in bed and John went to pick up Abby and her friend Aija from Choir practice.

A few months ago Abigail was invited to sing in a youth choir for General Conference. AMAZING opportunity. The 9 Taylorsville Stakes were invited, but each ward could only have 5 youth. We had just moved, and our Bishop knew John sang. So he asked us if Abby did too. So, the Bishop recommended her. The Stake Presidency makes the final decisions and she was chosen. She has had a ton of music to memorize and had rehearsals 1 - 2 times a week for a couple of months. As soon as we found out, we asked our Bishop if he could get us 4 tickets to that session of Conference (we wanted to be able to take Michael and Emma). He said he would do his best. In the end, our ward was not given any tickets for that session. We found out that Abby would receive one ticket for a family member. I had decided that John should go. We asked around and were hoping for another ticket so I could go, but have not had any luck.

So, last night, it is like 8:30, kids are in bed, I am in my pj's and John went to pick up Abby and Aija. There is a knock at the door and I open it and have no idea who it is. She knows me and introduces herself. She is the choir manager for this choir that Abby is in. She told me she had one extra ticket and she really felt like she was supposed to give it to me!!! She drove to our house to give it to me and was so so nice about it. We totally felt our prayers were answered. But, the story continues because we found out, this was not an EXTRA ticket. It was HER ticket.  I totally started crying and wanted to give it back to her. But, I couldn't because I know I need it.  I don't know why, but John and I really feel like we are both supposed to be there for a reason. And not just to see our oldest sing :)

This is just the beginning of knowing the Lord is watching us and will bring us miracles!

No comments:

Post a Comment