Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hospitals Stink

Yes, hospitals stink (literall smell), and they just suck. We can't wait to  get John home and I am so glad this is not for 4 weeks!!! Hopefully only 2 more days, maybe 3 till John can come home.

I don't have any thing really new to report. John did actually start chemo last night. They are monitoring him on it and so far not really any changes in any way. He has not had any side effects other than tingling lips and high blood sugar. He feels fine and has normal energy.

I took the kids to the hospital today. They have really missed John, but were all anxious about going to the hospital. I think it was good for them to see that he is normal and not sick in a hospital bed :) They were not so sure about him having to put on gloves, a robe and wear a mask though just to leave his room. The kids and I were there for about an hour and I felt bad leaving. John has movies, books. games, computer, TV, but it is just boring over there. And I still can't believe how often people are in and out of his room checking or cleaning something. We just want him home.

No comments:

Post a Comment