Tuesday, October 9, 2012

No child should . . .

I am sure this will be the first of many: We were having dinner tonight and Jenna was asked to say the prayer. Her birthday is in one week - day 1 of John's chemotherapy treatments. In her prayer she says, "please bless that Dad will not have too much cancer and will be able to have some energy for my birthday"!!!!! I had to hold back those tears. It broke my heart. No child should EVER have to worry about her Dad having enough energy to be able to celebrate her birthday :(  I can not believe this is happening.

1 comment:

  1. I know that John will be around for many more birthdays and this one will eventually be in the past. Jenna knows she is loved and even a kiss and a happy birthday message from her daddy will be enough. We love you guys and are happy that you are letting us help you celebrate Jenna's big day.

    ReplyDelete