Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tests

As I am writing this, John is at LDS Hospital getting a bone scan and CT Scan today. He was able to go to work for a few hours this morning. All I know was that he had to go having been fasting for 4 hours. When he got there, they hooked him up to an IV and he had to drink this radioactive lemonade stuff.  8 oz every 20 minutes for 1 1/2 hours. He was first going to have the CT scan, which I am pretty sure was for most of his torso. They need to see if the cancer is in any of his organs. Then the lemonade stuff is for his bone scan. The radioactive stuff makes it easier to see the bones on the scan. He should be home in about 2 hours.

It is odd to me that in our every day conversations we talk about Chemo, medications, CT scans, bone scans, Doctors, white blood cells. . . And I am sure that list will grow as time goes on. I will forever be grateful his cancer was found when it was, but I still feel like I will wake up one morning and realize it was all a bad dream. It just does not feel real that this is happening to us. It is hard and we are just beginning.

Every one asks how I am doing. I am doing ok, but I can be folding laundry and just start crying out of no where. And when my 6 year old is acting out and then tells me he is nervous about Dad's cancer, it is so hard to not cry and instead to comfort him. Our kids have so much faith and pray for John like crazy. They are amazing. We all have faith and feel like John will be around for a long time :) Right now we are taking everything one day at a time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment